THIS SATURDAY is DIY Fest!
December 4th, 2010: 2pm-? at Luther Cooperative House (1520 Hill)
Here is a peek at what you can look forward to:
A day full of skill shares and workshops!
- Over 18 workshops and skill shares such as Bike Winterizing, Soap Making, Capoeira, Lucid Dreaming, Massage, Knitting, Spontaneity, Simply Cooking will be doing Hearty Soups, Tai Chi, Book Making and many more...
- We have never had so many live performances! The Appleseed Collective, Honey, The Rainbow Vomit Family Band, Scissors Now! and a LIVE Shadow Puppet Show by the Infamous, Amazing, Handsome Patrick Elkins!
- Give your old bronzed walnut-shaped walnut cracker a new place to call home at the Free Store.
Bring whatever you have that you think someone else would like (clothes, knick-knacks, food, art, tools, books - anything) and pick up some jazzy "new" treats for yourself. You'll be amazed at what you'll take home.
- Change your boring old t-shirt, pants, socks, g-string into a work of art! Modati Studios will be doing live silk screen printing with original Ann Arbor Free Skool designs! Donations appreciated. Check them out at: http://www.modati.com/
- Don't forget to whip up your favorite dish to pass for The Shared All Day Potluck. We need your help to make this happen. No food = No potluck.
- Yeah. There will be fun surprises. Nope we won't spill the beans. You have to come and see.
- This is an all indoor event with enough space to fit most of Ann Arbor. Hot beverage and food will be served all day long.
Just bring yourself, friends, a dish to pass (if you can), and a thirst for knowledge.
Wondering what the Free Skool experience is like? Check out photos of past classes, events, and DIY Fests at our flickr photo albums. And, Yes! We have video too! You can watch us on YouTube. Just type in "Ann Arbor Free Skool" in the search.